Dawn Stultz and Blue Horizon Realty:
The Straight Answer People
BLUE HORIZON REALTY
My name is Dawn Stultz and I am the owner of Blue Horizon Realty and an Outer Banks Realtor.
Buying and selling real estate will be one of the biggest decisions that most people will make. I have been a buyer and seller of real estate before I became an agent. I had certain goals in mind when deciding to become an agent and providing services to my clients:
- Providing complete and accurate information without the hype
- Calling people back when they request information
- Treating them how I would expect to be treated
I know this sounds simple but it is the truth. I did not want to feel like someone is trying to selling me something – just supply the information so that an informed decision can be made without feeling pressure. This has molded my philosophy on how my clients will be treated.
The best compliments to my business success are my clients that refer family and friends to me when they are ready to buy or sell.
I began my real estate career with Coldwell Banker where I received the Rookie of the Year award. After several successful years with the firm, I formed my own company Blue Horizon Realty.
Why start my own real estate company in this market? I realized that I could sell real estate without all of the overhead and putting the emphasis back into the business of selling real estate through extensive advertising, marketing and excellent customer service for every transaction.
I service the communities from Corolla to Hatteras and have been certified as a Short Sale & Foreclosure Resource.
I look forward to working with you on your real estate endeavors.
Tips for Buyers
- Know your budget and have a lender pre-approval letter available to you on short notice. Foreclosures/short sales will require this letter to be submitted with the offer.
- Learn the areas of the Outer Banks that you prefer so that you will have an idea of where you want to buy.
- Look closely at the numbers for rental properties – the rental income you see are the GROSS amount. The rental company will have your true net income. It helps to be familiar with the types of expenses and setting a reserve fund for major repairs such as new HVAC equipment.
- Verify your septic system with the Health Department – you want to make sure that the 6 bedroom house is truly a 6 bedroom house.
- Attend your home inspection – you will learn a lot about the property you are purchasing. I attend home inspections for my clients and it is always worth it.
Tips for Sellers
- Know the sales price of sold homes in your neighborhood during the last 6 months and decide if you are willing to accept those prices.
- Price your home in the top 3 of the best priced homes in your neighborhood. If there are 10 homes for sale – you do not want to be the highest price home unless you have features that will really support the higher price.
- No deferred maintenance! Buyers notice things that need fixed, painted, water stains and start subtracting thousands off the sales price for items that may only actually costs hundreds to correct. Once noticed – then they start looking for other areas of neglect.
- Keep it clean and clutter free. Removed dated furniture and décor if possible. Most buyers DO NOT overlook this. I can offer tips on staging.
- Have lots of pictures on websites with some “wow” features in the pictures. Pictures will not sell your house but it will help get it noticed in a sea of homes on the internet. Buyers remember items such as bright colored pieces of furniture, bedspreads, nice paintings – something of bright color or interest will stick in their minds.
- Request feedback from buyers – these are your customers and if they are consistently pointing to an objection then it may be wise to correct it.
Sellers: Do not compare the price of your home to the unrealistic price bubble of 2003 to 2005. Compare your property to the selling prices of 1998 to 2000 and you will see the appreciation of your property. Real estate is typically long term investment and should be treated as such.
You can contact Dawn and Blue Horizon Realty at: 877-667-6865 or 252-489-8687 or fill out the form below to send them a message. She will be sure to get back to you quickly!
Top of Blue Horizon Realty
Home to Outer Banks Revealed
Return to Outer Banks Realtors